Friday, May 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

Hey Everybody! Sorry this post is a little late. I tried to post last night but Blogger was having some technical issues. Thanks for waiting, I will make it worth the wait! This is a good one!


WARNING! This recipe may cause your waist line to increase significantly. Seriously!


These little bites are WAY too tasty. They are the perfect blend of sweet and salty, crunchy and soft. When I first read this recipe I thought it didn’t seem like it would make very many and I almost, thank god I didn’t, but I almost doubled it! Don’t do it! I had to restrain myself not to eat all these before I could share them. They are BAD NEWS!

I just knew I had to share them with you.

What you need,

½ cup creamy peanut butter
¼ cup, plus 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
1 tbsp butter, at room temp
1 cup pretzel stick, crushed into small pieces
5 oz milk chocolate, melted

Stir together peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar and butter until smooth. Add in the pretzels and stir.

Roll into 1 inch balls, the dough is pretty sticky but it helps if you use a mini ice cream scoop. Put them onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Put them in the freezer for 30minutes or until firm.


Melt the chocolate over low heat. Dip the balls in the chocolate to coat. Place back on the wax paper. Stash them back in the freezer until firm.


I would like to tell you to store them in an airtight container in the fridge but quite honestly they aren’t going to last very long so really put them on a plate and eat one every time you go by the fridge, like I did!


 Have an awesome Friday everyone!

Source: Blog Is The New Black

4 comments:

  1. you are a genius.

    Calories don't count if you only eat half the batch right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God! I'm in trouble with this one!!! They look so yummy, I'll have to have Savanna help me make them tomorrow!! Is that chunk of chocolate the ones from Safeway? Does it have good flavor? Would like a dairymilk bar work as well? I AM gonna eat the whole batch...I know it!!
    Thanks JennyB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, me again! Did the chocolate melt well just in a pan? Did you do it double style, with a pan of water underneath? Or just straight on? Thanks sista!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen, I just ate a bite off each of them and gave the other half to my in house taste tester, that way he got all the calories! LOL!

    Pam, the chocolate I used is Callebout. I got it at gourment warehouse. But you can use any milk chocolate you like, I think a dairymilk would work fine, or milk chocolate chips...
    I melted mine in the microwave on half power stirring about every 30 seconds. It was perfect!
    They are evil and addicting, just warning you!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete