Monday, September 12, 2011

Tiny Tomato Gratin

I had a pint of tiny tomatoes on my counter that I should have used up a few days ago.

They were getting a little wrinkled and soft, so not so great for a salad but I decided I could cook them up somehow.


I thought a little gratin would be nice, and it was. I want to eat this everyday of my life! It was so good!

What you need,


1 pint of tiny tomatoes
1 small clove of garlic, minced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
8 small basil leaves
¼ cup panko
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese

Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, garlic and salt & pepper.
Put the tomatoes in a small baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are soft and just breaking open.

Take them out of the oven and turn it to the broiler setting.
Stir in the small basil leaves and then top the tomatoes with the panko and Parmesan cheese topping.


Put the baking dish under the broiler for 5 minutes or so until brown and crispy.


Wait for a few minutes or the hot little tomatoes will burn your tongue!


This would be a lovely side dish with a grilled steak or chicken. I just sat at the table and ate it all. 

It made a lovely brunch!

Jen


2 comments:

  1. Nice! Aren't you super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this a few days ago and it so rocked! Every bite gone! None shared! Total satisfaction!! Yum Yum thanks for being a kitchen goddess!!

    ReplyDelete