Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


I was walking by a Jugo Juice the other day. Each month they have a featured smoothie flavour. This month it is Chocolate Peanut Butter! 
Yes, Please!

I decided to try making one at home, it turned out perfectly! It was so creamy with lots of chocolate and peanut butter flavour.

What you need,

1 cup low fat frozen yogurt (I love Chapman's, it is so good! Get if you can!)
1 banana, I used a frozen one
2 tbsp. peanut butter (I used regular old Kraft)
½ cup Chocolate Almond Milk - you can get it in the milk section of your dairy case.  You could use regular old chocolate milk but I was trying it out, it is very good by the way!)

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
Add another splash of the chocolate almond milk if you need to thin it out a bit.

Pour into a big glass get yourself a straw and enjoy!


I would love to have one of these for breakfast every day, but sadly I like sleeping more than making breakfast so I will just have to go without, except on weekends!

Jen

6 comments:

  1. this is amazing. who doesn't want to have this combo everyday for breakfast!?!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jen, it's such a treat to have peanut butter flavor in smoothies - I add it to my everyday green smoothie for a hit of fat and flavor.
      Thank you
      Bren
      Using Stainless Steel Drinking Straws

      Delete
  2. I adore chocolate banana smoothies. The bananas make them so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you put in the frozen banana whole? I have a bunch of unpeeled frozen bananas in my fridge for my yonanas machine, and I feel like trying to blend one would make my blender catch on fire... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurel,
    I usually break the frozen banana in half before blending, it just fits in the blender better. They break apart pretty easily even when frozen. I have never had any over heating issues with my blender but better to be safe than sorry!

    ReplyDelete