Monday, May 14, 2012

Avocado Hummus


Are you looking for a quick tasty weeknight meal, or how about a snack, or maybe something to take to a party? Well I have the recipe for you, Avocado Hummus, it is perfect for all those occasions.


The avocado adds a nice creamy richness to your average old hummus.
It is perfect, I loved it!

What you need,

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (15oz) chick peas, drained and rinsed
1 lemon, juice and zest
2 tbsp. tahini
2 avocados
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
Paprika for garnish

Put the garlic cloves, chick peas, lemon zest and juice and the tahini in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Drizzle in 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to get a good creamy consistency. Add in the 2 avocados and blend until just smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a tablespoon of olive oil drizzled on top and a sprinkle of paprika.
Serve with warmed pita or chips or veggies.

I have a secret for you, if you don’t have any tahini, you can sub in peanut butter. I know you are thinking this chick is nuts, but for real, peanut butter works. I use about half the amount of peanut butter that the recipe calls for. I thought I had tahini when I made this recipe but low and behold I was out, so I subbed in 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for the 2 tablespoons of tahini. It tasted wonderful. It adds the same nuttiness you get from tahini.


So there you have it, a perfect dip that would be great anytime, anywhere!

Jen

Recipe from A Cozy Kitchen

3 comments:

  1. I love hummus but haven't tried it with avocados. Definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I usually put feta in my hummus, but I love avocados, so I will definitely have to try this! Cool idea!

      Delete
  2. I wish I'd know about the PB trick before buying tahini. When am I ever going to use up all this tahini? I like the idea of adding avocado to the hummus. I bet it was really creamy!

    ReplyDelete