Sunday, May 20, 2012

Maud’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I think that these are the first cookies I ever made! My Mom used to make them all the time.


It is a good thing this recipe makes a lot of cookies because it is the tastiest cookie dough of all time, I could eat a tub of it. Yes, it has raw eggs in it but I have eaten A LOT of cookie dough in my life and have never had a problem.


These cookies are the perfect combination of chewy and crunchy. The small amount of almond extract really packs a big punch, I think that is the secret ingredient; it really just gives the cookies such a great flavor.

What you need,

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt (I used salted butter so I used a scant ½ tsp. of salt)
3 cups old fashioned large flake oats
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees, and line 2 baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper.

In the bowl of stand mixer beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs 1 at a time until well incorporated. Blend in the water, vanilla and almond extract.  Slowly add in the baking soda, salt and flour until just combined. Stir in the oats until well coated. Finally stir in the chocolate chips.

Drop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake the cookies for 8-13 minutes. I tend to like my cookies a little under done; it makes them chewier so I did mine about 9 minutes.

Remove from the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. These cookies also freeze really well.


These are some of the best cookies ever! Make a batch, eat some dough, be a rebel like me!


Jen

2 comments:

  1. Making this right now. Thinking of you Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen I'm just about to make these again. Hope you are well! Thinking of you ;)

    ReplyDelete