Friday, April 4, 2014

Favourite Things Friday Vol 71 – Hemp Hearts

I might be a little late to the party because I only discovered Hemp Hearts this week, but man I am so glad I did!



My in house taste tester picked up a bag at the grocery store the other day because he was curious about them. I was talking to my sister that same day and she told me they are great and she eats them all the time.



They have a ton of protein in them and a lot of other vitamins and minerals. You can check out Wikipedia for more info cause I am no nutrition expert.

They have a really light kind of nutty grassy flavor, they are good on their own, or you could blend them into a smoothie.

How about sprinkle them on a salad.


Or sprinkle them on some yogurt and banana. This is my new favourite snack!



If you haven’t tried them pick some up and give them a whirl!

Have a fantastic weekend‼

Jen


By the way the Manitoba Hemp Heart people don’t know who I am; they are just my current obsession!

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting...we just started trying to incorporate quinoa into our diet. I will have to give this a go as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting - never tried them before. Surprised that you have! By the way, love your yogurt bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. . They ARE super awesome & super healthy! Glad you tried them! Was it random discovery by Dave, or was it on recommendation by your sister? Either way, yep, love them, they go great with lots of things & especially on top of my morning smoothi

    ReplyDelete