Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Super Awesome Brownies

I have never been a huge brownie girl, or at least I wasn’t until I made and ate these brownies.



I found this recipe on Cookies and Cups; she calls them her kid’s favourite brownies. I don’t have kids but I can say with certainty that they are my favourite brownies‼

They are super quick to make, which could be dangerous if you have no self-control.
The secret is in the icing; you pour it onto the brownies while they are still warm.  What you get is a fudgy yet slightly cakey, super chocolaty,  but not to sweet, perfect friggin brownie!



What you need,

For the brownies,
1 cup butter, melted (I used salted butter, as usual)
½ cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
1½ tbsp. vanilla
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour

For the icing,
¼ cup butter at room temperature
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup milk (you may need a little more I used 2 extra tablespoons)
2½ cups icing sugar

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with tin foil. Spray it well with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl beat together the melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth and fully combined. I used an electric hand mixer it worked great.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
Stir in the sugar and then the flour until just combined.

Spread the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the center is just set. Mine took about 18 minutes, don’t over bake them!

While the brownies bake make the icing. Beat the butter and cocoa powder together. Add the milk and powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in any extra milk a teaspoon at a time until you get a smooth fairly thick icing.

Let the brownies cool in the pan for 10 minutes then pour the icing over the warm brownies. Use an offset spatula to spread the icing into an even layer. The icing will melt into the brownie a bit, you want this to happen, that is where the magic is‼

Let the brownies cool completely in the pan, before cutting into squares.

Store the brownies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Good luck you are so eating all of these before the day is done.



I think I ate 3 before I had to walk away. They are so so so good. I am now officially a brownie girl! Thank you Cookies and Cups, you ROCK‼

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe from Cookies and Cups


1 comment:

  1. These look amazeballs! Don't get me started eating these!!

    ReplyDelete