Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Banana Oatmeal Cookies (some have chocolate chips!)


Always with the overripe bananas. Sorry…
But these cookies let me tell you, they are really something!


They have great banana flavor, but they aren’t too cakey. They are chewy in the center and crisp on the edges just like a perfect cookie should be!


Now, my in house taste tester isn’t a huge fan of chocolate chips in his banana bread so I thought I better make half these cookies plain, and then I added some chocolate to second half! Honestly they are great either way!


What you need,

¾ cup butter, as usual I used salted
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup mashed banana
1½ cup all-purpose flour
1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. corn starch
3 cups oats
1 cup of chocolate chips, I used milk chocolate but semi sweet would be great too

Heat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.

In the bowl if a stand mixer add the butter and both sugars. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until well incorporated.
Stir in the vanilla.

Add the mashed banana and blend to combine.

In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and cornstarch.  Add the flour mixture to the stand mixer a little at a time until totally incorporated.

Add the oats 1 cup at a time until totally mixed in.

Drop the dough by the heaping tablespoon onto the prepared pan and bake 10—12 minutes until brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 3-4 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

I used about half the dough, then I stirred in the chocolate chips and baked the second half of the dough.

Let the cookies cool completely, store in an airtight container for a week or in the freezer for 3 months.


I feel like these are cookies you can eat for breakfast. I think anything that has a banana in it should be breakfast!

Enjoy!

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment