Friday, February 6, 2015

Favourite Things Friday Vol 91 – A Discussion of Some Random Stuff


I am so happy it is Friday! Plus it is long weekend, Monday is Family Day! HOORAY!

Do you all know Christina from Dessert for Two? She is super awesome! Her blog is full of not only delicious desserts but dinners that are scaled down to feed just 2 people. She has a brand new cookbook; I pre-ordered it and have been waiting and waiting. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but it is late. I can’t wait to get my hands on it.  I picked up a new pack of post it flags so I can mark all the things I want to make!

Cookies are my love language. Snickerdoodles are a classic, and when I saw that Shelly from Cookies & Cups had posted a recipe for the PERFECT SNICKERDOODLE I knew what I would be doing this weekend, whipping up a batch! I only hope mine turn out as pretty as hers!

Let’s talk TV for a minute or two. Did you watch the final episode of Parenthood?? I pvr’d the last 2 episodes and watched them back to back. I used half a box of Kleenex, I cried cause I was happy, I cried cause I was sad, I cried cause it was over… I am really going to miss the Braverman’s!

Is it just me or is this season of Downton Abbey kinda boring?? I just feel like they are doing the same things they did last season, Mary can’t choose a man, poor Bates is always in trouble, and Barrow is a jerk… Don’t get me wrong I still love it, but I feel like they need to spice it up a bit!

I am VERY excited that Walking Dead comes back on this Sunday‼ I can’t wait to feel all the feelings!

I just finished binge watching the first 2 seasons of Masters of Sex. WOW, this show is amazing. Lizzy Caplan is FANTASTIC‼ If you haven’t seen it, give it a try!

Since my bus commute to work is like an hour each way, I have been reading A LOT! Most recently I started the Discovery of Witches trilogy but Deborah Harkness. I didn’t really know what to expect when I started it but it is really really great! I am halfway through the second book now and I can’t put it down. I almost missed my bus stop the other day I was so into it! The writing is fantastic it really transports you away. I am always up for a good book suggestion so if you have any please shout them out in the comments.

Well that is probably enough rambling for now!
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Jen


2 comments:

  1. A Discovery of Witches is next up in my iPad to read, so I'm glad you like it! If you haven't read Ken Follett's Century Trilogy, you should! They are excellent! The first one is Fall of Giants. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete