Monday, February 16, 2015

Meatloaf Sandwiches


I made my in house taste tester his favourite meal for Valentine’s Day, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed broccoli.
It was delicious as always.


We had a little meatloaf left over so I decided to whip up some meatloaf sandwiches. I have never had one before but I had a pretty clear vision in my head of what I wanted my sandwich to be.


Man oh man was this sandwich was awesome! It turned out exactly as I had envisioned. So much flavor and texture. My in house taste tester gave it 2 thumbs up, a 10 out a 10 and asked when we could have them again! So for me that is a win!

What you need,

4 slices bread, I used a marbled sourdough, it was awesome!
4 ½ inch slices of left-over meatloaf, this is my recipe
2 tsp. spicy mayo (I used the sriracha mayo I always make)
1 tsp. yellow mustard
2 tbsp. grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup fresh arugula leaves
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. butter

In a large frying pan heat the olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
Fry the meatloaf slices for 2-3 minutes per side until they are golden brown and crisp.

Spread the mayo in a thin layer on all 4 slices of bread. Then spread the mustard on 2 of the slices.
Lay the crispy meatloaf on top of one slice of the bread. Sprinkle the cheese on the hot meat loaf. Top with the arugula and lay the bread topper on top of the whole pile.

Slice and half and stuff in your face!


This sandwich was truly one of the best I have ever had! I would eat one of these any day.

I loved the hot crispy meatloaf with just a touch of heat from the spicy mayo,  the peppery crisp arugula was the perfect green for this sandwich.

Enjoy!

Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment