Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Herb Toast


Along with my lasagna on Sunday night I made this herb toast. It is my sister Kate’s recipe. It is the best! Every time I make it, I end up giving someone the recipe. 


It is super easy and way tastier than regular garlic toast.

What you need,


½ cup butter, softened
1 tsp dried parsley
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried dill
1 tsp garlic salt
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
6 slices of bread


Heat the broiler in your oven.
Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Spread the butter on both sides of the bread of your choice. I used multigrain bread this time but I have used French bread, and it is tasty too.
Place the bread on a baking sheet and broil on each side until browned.


Perfect with any pasta dish.
Love it!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Okay gotta love the herb toast!! however!! must gripe a bit on giving Kate the credit here...did we not learn this recipe in home ec?? Hmmm...anyways whoever the credit is due too, I encourage all you blog readers to try this out, it is divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we did have this at home, because of me!!! I've been making it for that long. It is a recipe from somewhere but I have been making it for so long I have no idea where its just mine now, haha! Soooo good, I also love it with bbq'd chicken or steak and a good salad! Yum!

    ReplyDelete