Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Puffed Wheat Cake


I had a hankering today, for good old puffed wheat cake. Man it has been years since I have had one.

 
My mom used to make it when we were kids.
I love it… It is so easy!


I whipped up a batch; we ate more than half the pan before I even had a chance to take a picture!

What you need,


6 cups puffed wheat cereal
1/3 cup butter
½ cup white corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 heaping tablespoons cocoa

Heat the butter, sugar and corn syrup over medium high heat until boiling. Let I bubble for a full minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and cocoa powder. Press mixture into a greased pan and let it set for an hour, if you can wait that long!


This is a total classic. I am glad the bag of puffed wheat cereal is huge because we have eaten this cake so fast I am going to need to make another one ASAP!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Puffed wheat cake is my favourite!!!!!! I can't wait to try your recipe!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of doing this, Jen. We always have puffed wheat in the house for my kids though. I'll have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete