Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Spinach Artichoke Dip Chicken


On Monday I posted this fantastic Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe. I ended up with lots left over and I didn’t want to waste it so I had to figure out a way to use it up.


I was lying in bed when I had a revelation; why not put that left over dip on some chicken! Ya, that would be good.


It was more than good, it was GREAT!

What you need,

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup left over Spinach Artichoke Dip

Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.

Cut the chicken breasts in half and use a mallet to pound each piece out to about ¼ inch thick. Season each piece of chicken with salt and pepper.
                                                      
Spread about ¼ cup of the spinach dip onto each piece. Carefully roll up the chicken and place seam side down into the prepared baking dish.
Drizzle the chicken with the olive oil and season the tops with a little more salt and pepper.

Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the chicken is brown and crisp and cooked through

Serve the chicken with some rice and a nice side salad.


What a great way to use left overs. It was soooo good! I am going to start making that dip more often just so I can make this chicken.

Fabulous!

Jen

1 comment: