Monday, January 26, 2015

Cranberry Pistachio Granola Bars



I am always looking for something to take to work for a mid morning snack. I often make muffins or a banana loaf but today I just felt like something else.


I love both dried cranberries and pistachios so when I found this recipe I knew it was a winner.


It is no bake and it goes together in 10 minutes so that is also a huge bonus.

What you need,

2 cups oats, I used quick cook because it is what I had
1 cup pistachios, shelled
1 cup dried cranberries
¼ cup butter
¼ cup honey
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract

Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper and spray well with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl combine the oats, pistachios and cranberries.

In a medium pot over medium heat combine the butter, honey and brown sugar. Stir until the mixture starts to bubble, turn down the heat to medium low and continue to let the mixture boil for 2 full minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.

Pour the hot butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat everything well.
Press the mixture into the prepared pan into an even ¾ inch thickness. Make sure to press it down well.

Stash the granola bars in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars.

Wrap each bar tightly in saran wrap and store them in the fridge until you are ready to use.

These bars will get quite soft at room temperature, they taste amazing but if you want them to stay together really well the fridge is the best place to keep them!


I don’t know why I don’t make granola bars more often! They are so simple and absolutely fantastic, way tastier than anything you can buy in the store. Plus the combinations are endless; you could add peanuts, almonds or cashews and raisins or dried cherries or even apricots!

These granola bars are fabulous!

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe adapted from Table For 2 Blog

1 comment: