Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baked Eggs, Caprese Style


My in house taste tester was working nights the other day and I was looking to make a quick but tasty dinner for myself. I decided to do baked eggs, since I adore them.  I remembered a version of baked eggs on Jessica’s site for Caprese Style, so I decided to give it a try.


So glad I did, they were So Freaking Good!!
A perfect supper.


What you need,

2 eggs
2 tsp. cream or half and half
12 grape or small cherry tomatoes
12 small pearls of bocchini cut in half or regular mozzarella cheese cubed
6 basil leaves, chopped
Salt and pepper

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter 2 small ramekins.
Put a few tomato halves and a few bocchini halves in the bottom of the ramekins, sprinkle a little of the chopped basil on top. Crack an egg into each ramekin.
Season with salt and pepper and pour 1 teaspoon of cream on to each.
Sprinkle a few more tomatoes and the remaining cheese on top.
Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and cook another 3-5 minutes, if you like your eggs a bit runny go for 3 minutes I did mine for 5 and they were just firm with a touch of runny, perfect in my book!

Serve with some hot buttered toast.  


Simple and lovely and oh so delicious.


Jen

Recipe from How Sweet It Is


2 comments: