Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Raspberry Pie


My sister Pam and my niece Savanna picked a ton of raspberries off the bushes in my Mom’s yard.



My sister Pam took these pics of the raspberry picking! 

They sent a big bag of them with my Dad when he came out to visit. I was so excited; I knew right away I needed to make my all-time favourite raspberry dessert, Raspberry Pie.


My other sister Kate first made this pie years ago, it is amazing.
It is simple and light, a perfect way to showcase the fresh berries.


What you need,

1 pie crust, I cheated and bought mine cause pie dough freaks me out!
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
3 tbsp. corn starch
1 pkg. raspberry Jell-O
2 cups water
5-6 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries, if using frozen, let them thaw then them drain in a colander for a few minutes so they aren’t so juicy.
Whipped cream for serving

Bake the pie crust according to package directions. Let it cool completely. 

Fill the cooked pie crust with the raspberries.

In a pot over medium high heat combine the sugar, corn starch and Jell-O. Gently stir in the water and mix to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until thickened, 4-5 minutes.

Cool the mixture for 20 minutes. Pour over the raspberries in the pie crust. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight until completely set up.

Top with whipped cream!


There you have it, a perfect summer dessert. I love this pie!

Thanks to my sisters for the inspiration and the berries!!
Love you guys!

Jen

5 comments:

  1. Whoop best pie ever!! It was a good year for the berries here in saskatchewan. Sorry the pics are not good like yours :0 love u lots!!!
    love the berry pickers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friccckkk me I haven't had this pie in years. I need to find some raspberries around here! Please send me a piece asap! And crew the pics are good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, raspberry pie is a perfect summer dessert! I need to make this for my dad, this is his favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So summery and fresh! And great photos from Pam. I'll have to show you how to make pie crust - you'd rock it, trust me!

    ReplyDelete