Sunday, August 19, 2012

Blueberry Cobbler for Two


I love making dessert, as I am sure you can all tell, but because there is only the 2 of us, eating a whole big batch of desserts isn’t such a good thing!
So I decided to scale this one down.


It was so good, I kind of wish I would have made a big batch!!

What you need,

1 cup fresh blueberries
¼ cup sugar
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp. corn starch

¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3 tbsp. cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup buttermilk or cream
Sanding sugar, optional

Heat your oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl combine the blueberries with the sugar, corn starch and lemon zest and juice.  Let the berries sit for 15 minutes.

To make the topping, combine the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Cut in the cold butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
Gently stir in the buttermilk or cream until just combined.

Divide the berries between 2 ramekins and drop by the spoonful the topping over them.
You may have a little extra topping; I just formed it into a biscuit shape and cooked it separately.

Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes until the berries are bubbling and the topping is browned.

I took the single biscuit out after 20 minutes.

Serve warm or cold, with our without ice cream.


A perfect summer dessert! You could use any berries you like, or even peaches or nectarines would be awesome.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. I suppose I am a little addicted to cobbler like this so I would be eating a helping for two for one ;)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete