Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baked Lemon Dill Halibut


My freezer is FULL of fish. My dad was out here visiting a couple of weeks ago and he went on a big fishing trip.
He sent me home with a whole cooler full of fresh Spring and Coho Salmon and fresh Halibut.

I am going to have to make one night a week fish night to get through it all! Not that I am complaining, I love it!


I decided for my first taste I would do something simple.

The fresh flavours of dill and lemon perfectly showcase the sweet flaky halibut, it was perfection!

What you need,

1 10-12oz. fillet of halibut, skin on
1 heaping tablespoon of butter, softened
1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
1 lemon, thinly sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste

Heat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter and fresh dill.

With a paper towel pat dry the halibut fillet. Place it skin side down on the parchment lined baking sheet.
Generously season the fish with salt and pepper. Spread the butter/dill mixture over the fish.
Then lay lemon slices over the top of the butter, overlapping if needed to cover the fish.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.

Serve right away with new baby potatoes or rice.


This is a super tasty way to eat fresh halibut, and it took no time at all.

If anyone out there has a favourite halibut recipe let me know, I am going to be eating a lot of it and I need some new ideas.
Thanks!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment