Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Orange Julius (a homemade version)

Whenever I am at a mall, which isn’t all that often in recent years, I like to indulge in a Mall Treat. Sometimes it’s Yogen Fruz, other times it’s a Cookies by George but most often I like to get a good old Orange Julius. They taste the same way now as they did when I was a kid, sweet and cold and so frothy.


I found this recipe for a homemade version in an old cookbook that I got when I was in high school. Everyone in our school had to submit a recipe, and then they put them together in a book and sold it as a fundraiser for a new auditorium or something. Anyway when I saw this recipe I knew I had to give it a try.


What you need,

1 ½ cups freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 4 large oranges)
½ cup milk (I used 1%)
½ cup cold water
1 large egg white
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ granulated sugar
1 ½ cup ice

Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
Serve right away.


This recipe is spot on, totally tastes just like the ones you get at the mall!



Jen


1 comment:

  1. Looks so easy! I used to love getting an Orange Julius at the mall when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete