Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pineapple Marinated Pork Chops



I love to grill in the summer, it doesn’t heat up the house and I love the flavour of grilled meat.
Marinades are a great way to add some extra flavour into your BBQ!



My in house taste tester said it smelled like Kraft Caramels when I was cooking these pork chops. The sweetness of the pineapple and honey goes so well with the garlic and spices.



The chops stayed super moist and tender.

What you need,

1 cup crushed pineapple (from a can)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup cider vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground cloves
3-4 boneless pork chops, you could use any pork you like, and even tenderloin would be good.

Combine the pineapple, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic, ginger and cloves in a large zip top bag. Shake well to combine.
Trim any excess fat from your chops and add them to the marinade. Seal the zip top bag up tight and massage the marinade into the chops.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.

When you are ready to cook the chops, heat your BBQ to medium high heat. Remove the chops from the marinade and shake off any excess. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side until crisp and cooked through.

I served mine with fresh peas and baby potatoes, both of which I got at my local farmers market! YUM YUM!



We LOVED this marinade! It would be great on chicken too!
I can tell I am going to use it a lot this summer.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment