Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Broiled Peanut Butter and Banana Toast



Peanut Butter and Banana, such a classic combination.
I have always enjoyed a good old peanut butter and banana sandwich on white bread of course!



I decided to fancy it up a bit by using rye bread and broiling it with a drizzle of honey. It was amazing!


What you need,

2 pieces of Rye bread, or whatever you like
2 tsp. peanut butter
1 banana sliced thinly
1 tsp. honey

Preheat your toaster oven to broil, or if you don’t have a toaster oven your regular oven broiler will be fine.

Spread 1 teaspoon of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Top with the sliced bananas. Drizzle a little honey over each piece of toast.

Broil until the top is caramelized and the toast is toasty.



Stuff in your face, but be careful it’s HOT!

Absolute perfection!

Jen


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I would love this for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That has got to be my favorite recipe yet! I love mixing fresh bananas with PB, but I never thought that it could be mixed up with toast! To say that I'm in love with the idea is definitely an understatement! Thank you so much for sharing.

    Debbie Zuniga @ Checkers Burgers

    ReplyDelete