Sunday, February 16, 2014

Oven Baked Perogies and Sausage



This is such a wonderful one pan meal! I love the combination of perogies and sausage. Usually I grill the sausage and then cook the perogies by boiling them quickly then pan frying them till crisp.



This is a way better way to do it. Everything gets brown and crisp and it has a ton of flavor, plus you get a few veggies in there too!



We loved it! I will be making this meal again for sure!

What you need,

12 frozen cheese & potato perogies, or whatever flavor you like
2-4 smoked sausages, cut into 3 inch pieces (I used Harvest brand)
1 small red onion, sliced ¼ inch thick
½ red & yellow peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
12 button mushrooms, halved
2-3 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. seasoning salt
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. black pepper

Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl combine the perogies, onion, peppers and mushrooms. Drizzle over enough olive oil to coat well. Season with the seasoning salt, garlic powder and pepper, toss to coat well.

Spread the perogies and veggies out on the sheet pan in a single layer. Place the sausage pieces around the pan.

Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the perogies and sausage are brown and crisp.
I flipped my perogies and sausage over half way through so everything got nicely browned.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream and some spicy mustard or ketchup.



What a great dinner, so super easy and only one pan to wash!

Enjoy!

Jen

Recipe adapted from Foodie With Family

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! Maybe you should let the Ukrainian Hall babas in on your little secret! Now if only I could find perogies over here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so easy to make!

      Delete
    2. http://smilesfrommel.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-make-perogies.html?m=1

      Hopefully the author doesn't mind me sharing.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely thrilled with my new Siemens oven! It heats up in a flash, bakes my dishes to perfection with even cooking, and the user-friendly interface makes it a breeze to use. It's truly perfect for all my baking and cooking needs. Highly recommend!

    ReplyDelete