Friday, February 7, 2014

Favourite Things Vol 64 – Beauty Favs



I am not much of a make-up girl. I mean I had phases of wearing WAY too much foundation and dark green eye shadow, but who didn’t??
Overall it takes me about 15 minutes to get ready in the morning, hair and all.
I keep it pretty simple. 

I thought I would share a few of my favourite beauty items with you.



For skin care I use Alba Botanical Products, they smell great and feel really nice on my skin. My skin is pretty normal/combination so I don’t need anything too complicated.
I use the Pineapple Enzyme Facial Cleanser, the Hibiscus Facial Toner and the Aloe Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer. I use it in the morning and at night.

I use Johnson and Johnson Baby Wash to take off my eye makeup. I have used it for years‼ My friend Tracy got me using it when we were roommates 13 years ago. It takes mascara off really well and isn’t irritating at all on the eyes!


I don’t use a lot of makeup, in fact I have been using the same 2 Mac eye makeup colors for YEARS! It is kind of embarrassing.
I just recently starting noticing little lines around my eyes and thought maybe it was time to try some anti-aging tricks.
This Garnier BB Cream, Skin Renew – Anti-aging cream is AMAZING! It goes on so light and smooth, it feels like moisturizer not foundation. Also, it is tinted so it really smooth’s out my skins color; I tend to be a blotchy. I can’t believe I just told you all that, god!
Anyway, I have found it really does make the skin look smoother and brighter. I love it.

I also started using this Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff EyeRoller.  I have found over the last few years I have really dark puffy circles under my eyes.  I only started using it a couple weeks ago but I already look less tired. They say you need to give it 4 full weeks before you really notice a difference. I will let you know how it goes!



When it comes to hair I am pretty chill. I usually wash it every day, I just can’t do the every second day thing, and it gets too greasy. I started using this Got 2b Oil-licous Shampoo and Conditioner mostly because it smells ridonculous! I swear it smells like the beach, it is total aromatherapy for me.
It leaves my hair with that light curly just off the beach look, which I love.
I use a little of this Got 2b Kinkier Double Curling Mousse just to hold the natural loose curls I have, it is soft and wavy, I really like it.



I am a little obsessed with anything Grapefruit lately. I bought these 2 products because of the smell. The body wash is St. Ives EnergizingCitrus. It really does wake you up in the morning!
The spray on lotion is fantastic, it smells great, it goes on nice and light and it rubs in easily. 


Lastly I got these super cute Vaseline Lip Therapy jars at Christmas. They came 3 in a pack. I can’t get enough of them, I use them obsessively, and they make my lips so soft and smooth. Winter is always hard on my lips, using this stuff has really helped.

There you have it that is my beauty regiment… It is not much but it works for me!!

What products do you guys love??

It is snowing here in Victoria today! Hope you all have a warm and fabulous weekend‼

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment