Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Beef Taco Skillet

Yesterday I promised you a quick weeknight meal, so here it is! This is one of those recipes you find on the back of a Campbell's Soup can. I kicked it up a bit to enhance some of the flavor. It is definitely tasty and super easy. It is a nice change from your usual taco dinner!

Stuff you need,
1 lb ground beef
1 can tomato soup
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
1 tsp hot sauce, optional
1/8 tsp cumin
salt/pepper to taste
6 flour tortillas (6 inch) cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mexican style but only cause I had it kickin around!)

Cook beef in skillet until well browned. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in the soup, salsa, hot sauce, cumin, water and tortillas. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.Top with cheese and cover until cheese melts.
I would suggest using a chunky salsa. They tend to have bigger pieces of onion and tomato and that makes for more flavor!
I made a nice green salad to go with!
I really like this recipe because all of the ingredients are staples most people have around anyway, so even on those nights when you have no idea what to have for dinner you could pull this one out!

I have a sweet treat for you tomorrow!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy and easy! I will have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love new ways to jazz up taco night! I'll be trying this soon.

    ReplyDelete