Monday, April 4, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Last night there was a pay-preview Wrestlemania on TV. How many of you were lucky enough to have a house full of men yelling at the TV? I was! I figured if I fed them then maybe they wouldn't start wrestling with each other.
This Jalapeno Popper Dip is just one of the dishes I made. It was very well received. My in house taster loves anything with Jalapeno and cheese, so I knew when I saw this recipe on Annie's Eats I had to make it. It is super tasty. I added a fresh chopped jalapeno to the mix that wasn't in the original recipe it added a nice fresh flavor.

What you need,

2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 small can chopped green chilies, drained
1 small can diced jalapeno peppers, drained

1 small fresh jalapeno, diced finely
½ cup shredded Mexican style cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking spray


Preheat the oven to 375˚ F. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chilies, jalapenos, and shredded cheeses. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until smooth and evenly combined. Spread the mixture into a baking dish.

In a second bowl, combine the Panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork until combined. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture in the baking dish. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is golden.

Serve warm with baguette slices or vegetables. Nacho chips or pita chips would be great too. It is warm and spicy and my favorite, Cheesy!
I made mine earlier in the day and stuck it in the fridge, I just waited until right before I put it in the oven to put the Panko crumbs on so they didn't get soggy.

So the next time you have a houseful of sports fans, whip up a batch. It helps keep them calm when they are busy shoveling food into their mouths!!

Jen


Adapted from Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment