Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Potato Salad

Now that we are into April I can start to feel summer comin'! It is my favorite time of year. I love to barbecue in the summer, it not only tastes great but keeps the house cool.
Potato Salad is pretty much the perfect side dish for any barbecue dinner. It seems like everybody's family has their own version of this tasty salad. I always loved my mom's version, her secret ingredient was a squirt of French's Yellow Mustard. I still stick to her basic recipe but I have added in a few things over the years.
Here is my version of the perfect potato salad.
What you need,
10-12 small red potatoes
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
1-2 green onions, chopped
1 rib of celery, diced
salt/pepper to taste

First you will need to boil your eggs and potatoes. You can do this earlier in the day then just stash them in the fridge until you are ready to put the salad together.
I like to cook my tiny potatoes whole then once they are cooled I cut them in half or quarters depending on how big they are.
Put the chopped potato and cut up hard boiled eggs in a large bowl. Add in the celery and onion.
Add in the mayo, mustard and paprika. Stir gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I like to make mine about 30 minutes before serving, it gives the flavors a chance to come together.
I am sure this is just the first of many many times I will be making this in the next few months!
I served mine this time with a barbecued hot dog in one of those delicious New England Hot Dog Buns.

Look out Summer here we come!

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Found you via Pinterest. This has become a weekly meal in our house. thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete