Wednesday, July 31, 2013

BLT’S with Basil Mayo



Ok, I get that this is hardly a recipe but just go with it for a minute!


(please ignore the pile of junk in the background, I guess I am so used to it I didn't notice when I started taking photo's. NICE!)
 
BLT’s are always good, but if you fancy up your regular mayo with some fresh basil… well then you really have something awesome!



I don’t think I will every use regular mayo on my BLT’s again.



What you need,

For the mayo,
Hold on to your hats people this gets pretty complicated…

¼ cup mayo
2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a small bowl stir the basil into the mayo and season to your liking with salt and pepper.

For the sandwiches,

2 slices Rye Bread, toasted (or whatever you like!)
1 tbsp. basil mayo
2-3 slices crispy bacon
2 large lettuce leaves
3-4 slices ripe tomato
Salt and Pepper

Spread the amazing basil mayo onto both slices of toast. Layer the crispy bacon, fresh lettuce and ripe tomatoes onto one slice of the toast. Season the sandwich with salt and pepper.

Scarf!







I made some fancy curly fries to go with my BLT’s. No, they aren’t homemade; they came from the freezer section of Safeway.  They are delicious, don’t judge!

Oh, and if you feel like living on the edge, dip your curly fries in the leftover basil mayo… TO DIE FOR!

Jen


4 comments:

  1. Basil Mayo looks good, but can I just comment on your perfect bacon! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oven cooked bacon! It turns out perfectly every time! I love that it stays flat, perfect for BLT's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget about BLTs but this has reminded me in the best way! Putting this on the menu next week,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea about the basil mayo! (And I love the "pile of junk" in the background, especially the massive (and almost empty) thing of ketchup! Time to buy another gallon to feed your addiction!)

    ReplyDelete