Monday, July 29, 2013

No Cherry Pitter? No Problem!!

Yesterday I made these amazing Cherry Crumb Bars.

I was struggling to cut the pit out of the third cherry, cursing the fact that I don't have a cherry pitter when I remembered something I saw on Pinterest.

Get ready to have your mind blown!!


Yep, that is a straw you see there...


Press that straw into the top of the cherry...


Gently press it all the way through...


MIND BLOWN!!


Crazy right?? Who would have thought a simple straw would work as a cherry pitter. I really didn't think it would work, but I was desperate and decided to try it. 
It worked like a dream!! Perfectly pitted cherries, in record time!

If you are doing A LOT of cherries you may need a couple of straws, they do get a little bent on the edge after about 3 cups of cherries.

I just had to share this with you!

Happy Monday!

Jen

 

4 comments:

  1. So cool! I read recently that you can use a wooden chopstick, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a thicker type straw? It looks like the scoop kind you get with slurpees? Mmmmm slurpees! I am just to damn lazy to cook with cherries, it is just pop them in my mouth and count up the pits to see who your going to marry, lol! Remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, I just did the cherry pit thing at lunch today!! I got thief!! LOL!
    It is a spoon straw, a wider straw works best. I tried a thin one but it was much harder.

    ReplyDelete