Monday, July 22, 2013

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies



I think my most favourite thing to bake is cookies. I find it therapeutic to stand in the kitchen and bake tray after tray of soft, chewy cookies.



Plus, I get to eat a boat load of cookie dough, yum yum!



These simple peanut butter cookies are the best!

What you need,

½ cup butter, softened (I used salted so I omitted the salt later)
½ cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg
½ cup smooth peanut butter
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat and set aside.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter and both sugars. Mix over medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and beat until well incorporated.
Mix in the peanut butter.
On low speed, slowly add in the flour and baking soda (plus the salt if you are using it).
Mix until the flour is just incorporated.

Roll into balls using 1 heaping tablespoon of dough.  With a fork make cross hash marks on each cookie.

Bake the cookies for 9-12 minutes or until cookies are just starting to brown on the edges.
I like my cookies more chewy than crispy so I do mine for 9 minutes, but if you like crispier cookies cook for the full 12 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
They also freeze really well.


Is there a more perfect cookie than peanut butter? I don’t think so.
I love these cookies!

It is very hard for me not to want to eat the whole freaking batch myself.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. These are soooooo good! Thanks for my airplane care pack!

    ReplyDelete