Thursday, March 3, 2011

Aloha Cookies - Happy Anniversary!

Aloha everyone!
My beautiful sister Kate and her wonderful husband Ryan got married 2 years ago (March 4) on a beach in Maui.
It was an amazing wedding. I am so happy that I got to be a part of it. They are back in Maui right now celebrating, Lucky Ducks!
So in honour of their special day I made a Hawaiian inspired treat, Aloha Cookies. These little cookies have all the flavors of the islands, Pineapple, Coconut and Macadamia Nuts.
For the cookies you will need,        
                                       
1/3 cup butter
½ cup white sugar
1 egg
1 ½ cups flour
¼ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
½ cup shredded coconut
For the Glaze you will need,
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp of milk
½ cup flaked coconut
Mix the powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl Place the coconut in a separate bowl.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and egg until fluffy. Combine flour, soda and salt. Beat into butter-sugar mixture alternately with pineapple. Stir in nuts and coconut.
Drop by teaspoon onto silpat lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are just light brown.
Cool for a couple of minutes until you can handle the cookies, then carefully dip into the glaze then into the coconut.
Cool completely on a rack. Store in air tight container.
I wish you were here to have a cookie. No wait I wish I was in Maui, I will bring one to you, that is a much better plan!
I Love you guys!

The beautiful wedding pictures in this post were taken by the amazing Corrina Walker of Corrina Walker Photography. Corrina is a wonderful photographer and she is a good friend of kate’s she came to Maui to take her wedding photos. Check out her site and if you ever need a photographer and you live in the Calgary area use her! She is so talented and her photos are breathtaking!


Happy Anniversary you guys!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Great job on this beautiful post and amazing looking cookies, can't wait to try them! If Dave loves them, I have a feeling I will to, and Savanna will love helping me make them!! Congrats again on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahalo JB!!!!!! Yum the cookies look good and I will make them when I am home and missing my MAUI!! Thank-you for posting a special anniversary post for Ryan and I, we love you!!!
    We are having a great time on our holiday, but do miss all the peeps and the celebration we had 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete