Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tzatziki Sauce

Yesterday I posted Greek Chicken Pitas. I just noticed that I managed to leave a "z" out of Tzatziki in yesterday's post... stupid spell check. Forgive me!  Here is the Tzatziki recipe.
Super easy and way better than anything I have gotten from the store!
You need,
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 English cucumber
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp fresh dill, minced
½ tsp kosher salt to taste
To start peel the cucumber, scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
Grate the cucumber and place in a strainer with ½ tsp salt. Let the cucumber drain like this on the counter for an  hour or 2! You will be surprised at how much liquid comes out.
Squeeze the rest of the juice out and place cucumber into a bowl add in the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and dill. Taste it, use a spoon, not your finger like I did... oops!  Add more salt if needed. Depends on your taste.
Stash in the fridge for at least 2 hours to let the flavors meld!
I think I will go slather a bunch of this on a pita right now and eat as an appetizer!
Yum!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment