Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies

Well it is Wednesday. It has felt like Thursday for 2 days now which is making for a very long week. Not to worry I have a cure for the mid week blah's! Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These are wonderful. Soft and cakey and a little tangy with tons of chocolate chips!
I love ricotta cheese so as soon as I saw this recipe I knew I had to give them a go! I am very glad I did, and you will be too!
What you will need,
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
¼ cup butter, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups assorted chocolate chips I used ½ cup milk chocolate chips, 1 cup semi sweet!
What to do,
In the bowl of a stand mixer combine ricotta cheese, butter, and both sugars. Mix on medium until blended and light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder and salt, mixing well to combine. Add in the chocolate chips until just mixed in.
Cover the bowl with plastic and put in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Once the dough is chilled scoop by the heaping tablespoon onto silpat lined baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
Makes about 24 cookies.
If you are having the mid week blah's make up a batch of these. After 4 or 5 you will feel much much better, I promise!
Happy Wednesday people!

Adapted from Tasty Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment