Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nutella Rice Krispie Cake

I was craving a sweet treat tonight and wanted to make something quick and tasty. What better than Rice Krispie Cake. I was digging out all the ingredients when I spotted this...
I thought to myself Hmmmm Nutella Rice Krispie Cake, Could I? No... That is crazy.
But then I thought, Oh yes, Oh yes I can! So I whipped up a batch of Nutella Rice Krispie Cake. Give it a whirl it is amazing.
You need:
½ cup butter
½ cup nutella
6 cups marshmallows
7-8 cups rice krispies
1 tsp vanilla
In a large pot over medium heat melt butter and Nutella add in the marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Add in the Rice Krispies and stir quickly. I like my squares a little gooey and chewy so I probably added 7 cups of Krispies, but if you like them a little stiffer add the extra cup or so of cereal.
Press into a 9X13 pan. Chill in the fridge for an hour, if you can wait that long!
Cut in to squares.
Try not to eat the entire pan before you can share them, I came close, oops! They turned out to be a really nice update on a classic treat. My in house taste tester LOVED them!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. I promise to give these a try, I must admit they do look super good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing....Will have to give this a go. Thanks for sharing this recipe.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete