Monday, March 21, 2011

Linguine with Lemon Cream Sauce

I am going to continue with my lemon love affair today with this Linguine with Lemon Cream Sauce.
Do not be afraid of the cream part of this recipe there really isn't much in it, just enough to add a nice richness.  Also it's not super lemony, it just tastes fresh and tangy.
This pasta is super yum! I love it the way it is but I think some grilled chicken sliced and put on top would be great, or even some blanched asparagus spears or fresh summer peas added in would kick it up a bit!

What you need,

1 lb. linguine or any long noodle pasta you like
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1 clove of garlic, minced (forgot to put it in the picture-oops!)
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp grated lemon zest plus the juice from 1 whole lemon, about 2 tbsp.
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

How to,
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water, drain pasta and return to pot.
Meanwhile in a small pot heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and season with salt and pepper, cook stirring until tender, about 4 minutes. Add in the cream and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and cook until a little thickened, about 8 minutes. Add in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the cream sauce over the pasta and toss, add in enough pasta water to create a thin sauce that coats the pasta. Stir in 1/4 cup or so of the grated Parmesan cheese.
Top each serving with a little of the remaining Parmesan cheese.
You can squeeze a little extra lemon juice on top before serving as well if you like lots of lemon, like I do!!
I would like to tell you that I only ate this bowl full, but I ate 2 bowls full! Now I need to run around the block!
It makes a nice left over lunch too!
Jen

adapted from Martha Stewart

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my absolute favorite things to eat! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine too, I could eat this once a week! Love your site! I was just checking it out! so many recipes I want to try! thanks for taking the time to visit!

    ReplyDelete